What Is A Bio Sculpture Nail – And Why Are They The Most Popular Type Of Nail Treatment?
BIO SCULPTURE is a highly durable gel treatment that not only gives your gorgeous looking hands, but is good for your nails. The treatment actually nurtures the nail bed whilst allowing the nail to look immaculate. It is a healthy approach to providing what you want, with what you need in that it will not chip or damage your nails and protects and strengthens the natural nail in the process.
With Bio Sculpture products the emphasis is on the health of the natural nail and nail treatments are viewed as a two-step process – first the natural nail is moisturized and nurtured with Bio Sculpture Treatment Products; second the natural nail is protected with a client-customized Bio Sculpture Gel Overlay. This unique approach ensures that nails receive the nutrients they require and are protected from becoming dry and brittle. The result is a healthy nail protected with a durable, strong, flexible and glossy gel overlay that lasts up to three weeks.
Is it Safe?
The Bio Sculpture product line has received numerous awards and is the only nail system in the world that has undergone extensive toxicological and clinical research studies for which Bio Sculpture Gel was awarded a Five Star Safety Rating by Parexel International. Other solutions contain chemicals that may cause gel to lift, or not leave a shiny finish.
What to expect for your treatment.
Bio Sculpture provides a professional glossy nail covering that lasts for up to 3 weeks, it is applied with minimal buffing and no primers or bonders so there is no de-hydration of the natural nail. Layers of gel are applied to the natural nail and cured under a UV lamp; the nails are dry to touch once they are cured.
If you are returning for Bio Sculpture Gel is removed with a soak-off solution in less than 10 minutes, leaving natural nails in their original or improved condition. It is a professional product that can only be purchased by qualified nail technicians who have completed our training course and assessment.
The product range includes various treatment gels that are tailored to suit specific nail types. This ensures that our clients receive the treatment most suited to the condition of their nails.
Artistry for your hands.
Bio Sculpture Gel can be used to sculpt and shape natural nails in order to lengthen existing nails or enhance their natural shape. The Bio Sculpture range includes over 150 gels and nail polish colours, and at Locks & Lashes we carry the most popular.
Bio Sculpture Gel is one of the very few gels that can have nail art embedded into the gel and can then be sealed with the gel to protect the nail art, leaving a smooth finish.
How can I convert my traditional acrylic nails over to gel?
This should not be difficult. Start when you need to get your next fill treatment. If you see that your natural nail is thin and damaged due to the use of damaging products, this is the time to switch over to a product that will not damage your natural nails.
At Locks & Lashes we will suggest that the first step is to thin down the existing product on the nail, then do a conventional gel fill with Bio Sculpture and wean off the old acrylic product over time. This smooth transition means you will be able to ‘grow out’ your old nails without the trauma of removing the acrylic, further damaging your natural nails.
Maintaining your beautiful Bio Sculpture nails.
- The success of the Bio Sculpture Gel system depends on the use of the system as a whole and not in combination with other cuticle softeners/removers, top coats, solvents or chemicals. It is best to work with your nail practitioner to maintain your nails.
- When using cleaning products that contain ammonia; gloves should be worn, as it will soften Bio Sculpture Gel over time.
- Paraffin dips can be done after a gel application is completed and are a wonderful way to further enhance beautiful hands. It will not affect the gel. If done before the gel application the gel will lift because of too much oil on the natural nail the gel will not adhere properly.
- Bio Sculpture Gel will not crack or splinter due to its flexibility. Not using Bio Sculpture Gel or Bio Sculpture Top Coat as a last layer, but an alternative polish top coat or color polish that contains formaldehyde may cause the surface of the gel to be dehydrated causing small hairline cracks. These cracks will disappear when you do your next fill.
- Bio Sculpture Gel can easily be removed within 10 – 20 minutes by soaking the gel nails in Bio Sculpture Soak Off which is part of the treatment you receive when you come back to get your nails refreshed.
- Bio Sculpture Gel will not be affected or damaged by water. Many professionals like hairdressers have their nails done with Bio Sculpture Gel because it is strong and will not stain when S-Gel or UV-Gel Coatis used as a last layer. It is highly recommended that they wear gloves when working with chemicals.
- How often do I need to go for a maintenance fill? This will depend on how quickly your nails grow. Bio Sculpture Gel lasts for weeks and allows clients to often go longer than two weeks without a fill depending on the condition of their natural nails.
- How do I change my nail color if I have gel on my nails? For a temporary color change simply apply a layer of your chosen nail polish color over your gel application. Remove the polish the next day or a few days later to return to your original gel color.